Find supply teachers and agency workers
Use this service to:
- find and hire a worker using an agency
- hire a specific person using an agency (a ‘nominated worker’)
- find a managed service provider, who can take on all your temporary staff needs
- view the rates and breakdown of rates the agencies charge
- create a shortlist of agencies based on your needs and download it
- calculate the maximum you could be charged to make your agency worker permanent
To use the service, you will need your DFE Sign-in email and password. If you don’t have one you may be able to get one, or to access an offline version of the service.Start now
Before you start
You will need to have:
- your school’s postcode
- details of how long you will want the worker
You can’t use this service if you’re an independent school, unless you have charitable status.
To find permanent teaching staff, use the Teaching Vacancies service.
Accreditation of agencies
All agencies have undergone background screening and safeguarding to DfE’s Keeping Children Safe in Education standards. They are audited and accredited against best practice standards in education recruitment.
Buyers’ obligations for agency data
This service contains pricing information for agencies on the supply teachers deal. This is confidential and can be considered commercially sensitive.
By using the service, you acknowledge and accept responsibility for keeping this information confidential plus the following requirements, and not sharing it wider than your school.
In consideration of being given use of the confidential information included in the service, you and your employees will need to:
- keep the information confidential and not share it in any way unless you have permission from Crown Commercial Service (CCS) in writing
- only use the information for buying services under the CCS framework agreement for supply teachers and temporary staff
- make sure the confidential information is stored securely and that only people using the service to buy under the framework have access to it
- tell CCS if you suspect unauthorised access, copying, use or disclosure of the confidential information
You must tell your employees of the confidential nature of the information and must also agree to the requirements. No agents, sub-contractors, third parties nor other non-employees can have access to the confidential information.